“So, whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” — 1 Corinthians 10:31
Last night I heard that the headmaster at a local school said, when introducing the school’s athletes to the community, “We have a lot of around here, and since all our talent comes from God, we should do everything we do to the glory of God.” Isn’t that a wonderful reminder for the kids and those in that community? Everything we do is to be done to the glory of God because everything we are and everything we have came from him.
Here is the news and list of activities scheduled for this week and those to come:
WEDNESDAY – August 19, 2015
· Bible Study/Breakfast @ 8:30am in Barron Room. Join us for Bible Study- Daniel 5.
· Mid-Week Activities cancelled for summer – resumes August 26th !
· Adult Choir Rehearsal – meets at 6:30pm for Wednesday nights and will meet in Sanctuary Sunday morning at 9:30am.
AUGUST – 2015 RESPONSIBILITIES
Jim Fuller, Bobby Roddey, Bobby Bass, Brian Gibbons, Tom Simpson.
August 23rd Vic & Ann Hayes
August 30th Billy & Tara Raines
WEDNESDAY MORNING BIBLE STUDY/BREAKFAST @ 8:30am
The Morning Bible Study group meets on Wednesday mornings at 8:30am in the Barron Assembly Room. Join us for a time of Christian fellowship, breakfast, and engaging Bible Study. Join us!
Men’s Friday Morning Bible Study/Prayer @ 7:00am
Men of the church and community are encouraged to attend the Friday morning Bible Study and Prayer time. This ministry begins at 7:00am on Friday mornings in the Barron Room.
WM MINISTRIES MEETING — AUGUST 23, 2015 @ 4:00PM
The Chester ARP Church Women’s Ministries will have a meeting on Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 4:00pm in the Barron Assembly Room to continue plans for hosting the annual WM Meeting of Catawba Presbytery to be held at Chester ARP Church in October. Please make plans to attend this meeting as help is needed to host this event. If more information is needed please feel free to contact Rhonda Lewis, Beverly Stone or Annette Strickland.
CHESTER ARP CHURCH
FALL KICK- OFF BASH 2015 – AUGUST 26TH @ 6:00PM
Mark your calendars for our Fall Kickoff Bash! Join us for hot dogs and fixings prepared by Ed & Jan Mauney and Larry & Anna Whitesides. Brad will have games & blow up houses for all to enjoy as we begin another year of Wednesday night food and Christian fellowship. We hope to see all youth, children and families for a fun time! If you would like to volunteer to help Brad with games and fun activities, please contact him. The Girl Scout Leaders & scouts along with the Boy Scout Leaders and Scouts will help with serving and clean up.
PSALM SING AT HOPEWELL ARP CHURCH — AUGUST 30, 2015 @ 5:00PM
The members of the Hopewell Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, Blackstock, SC cordially invite you to attend a Psalm Sing on August 30, 2015 beginning at 5:00pm. Following the Psalm Sing there will be a time of fellowship that will include refreshments. We hope you will join us in what has become for many an enriching time to network with sisters and brothers in Christ and to continue the tradition of Psalm Singing.
MID – WEEK MEALS/ACTIVITIES
- SEPTEMBER 2 – First Wednesday Covered Dish Supper
Bring a well filled basket of food, family, and friends and join us for this time of delicious food and Christian fun and fellowship. Team # 1 will have the responsibility of set up, serving & clean-up: Camille Lynn, Billy Raines, Wayne & Beth McGarity, Wayne Steele, Bob Lynn, & Wayne Goodyear.
- SEPTEMBER 9th – Heat & Eat Sisters – Barbara Sherer, Linda Barrett, Janice Fuller and Becky Goodyear will prepare the meal. Team # 2: Walt Whitman, Debra Singleton, Annette Strickland, John Sherer, Lee & Pam Roddey, Jane Phillips, and Linda Tinker will have the responsibility of set up, serving and clean-up.
- SEPTEMBER 16th – Bill Marion & Brenda Raines will prepare the meal. Team #3: Camille Lynn, John & Martha Taylor, Wayne & Brenda Raines, Becky Delleney, Lois Hall, & Jason Turner will have the responsibility of set up, serving and clean-up.
- SEPTEMBER 23rd – Russ & Gina White along with Scott & Glinda Coleman will prepare the meal. Team # 4: Elders/Deacons will have the responsibility of set up, serving and clean-up.
- SEPTEMBER 30th – Edie Cantrell & Brad Shillinglaw will prepare the meal. Team # 5: Brian Gibbons, Patti Davis & Jr. High Youth will have the responsibility of set up, serving and clean-up.
MID-WEEK ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE
- 6:00pm – Meal
- 6:45pm – Children/Youth Activities
- 6:45pm – Mid-Week Worship
- 7:30pm – Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal
MUSIC NOTES ~Terri Dickerson
- “NEW BEGINNING” HANDBELL CLASS — August 30, 2015 – 5:15PM – 5:55PM — Chester ARP Church will offer a “New Beginning Handbell Class on August 30th at 5:15pm at Chester ARP Church in the Handbell Room on third floor, directed by Terri Dickerson. The class is open to age 12 – 100 if you would like to participate. Make plans to join this group if you would like to play Handbells.
- Chester Joy Ringers will resume August 30th at 6:00pm – see you all there!
NURSERY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
If you are interested in serving in the church nursery during worship service, please sign up on the calendar posted outside the nursery; call the office; or email – firstname.lastname@example.org the date you wish to serve. This is an exciting Ministry in the life and work of the church. Contact the church office if you can fill any dates available. Volunteers needed for Sunday’s in October 25th, & November 1st, 8th, 22nd, & December 6th, 2015.
THINGS TO CONSIDER @ Chester ARP Church
- Sunday School is available for all ages from 10 am until 10:40 am each week in the Educational building with classes for children and youth. We have four adult classes.
- Music is a dynamic part of our worship. We invite you to prayerfully consider joining in one of our music ministry opportunities. Please see Terri for more information.
- Fellowship is a strong part of our Christian nurture. Please take advantage of fellowship opportunities. Announcements are located in the bulletin.
- The Women of the Church offer a time for women to gather for Bible study and various outreach ministries. Bible study groups run from September to May.
- Bible Study is a vital part of our life together. We have various study groups that meet to study the books of the Bible. See Linda or Clint for more information.
- Our congregation supports three missionary families. Two serve in Turkey and one in Spain.